Bulgaria's Child Mortality Is 2 Times Higher Than EU's
Child mortality in Bulgaria is two times higher than that in the rest of the EU, said deputy Health Minister Vanyo Sharkov, quoting Eurostat data.
According to Sharkov, the data also shows that in Bulgaria twice as many people die from heart, ishemic and brain diseases.
In his words during the Nova TV breakfast show, around 92% of deaths in Bulgaria are caused by four types of diseases, including diabetes and cancer.
Sharkov said the plans for health reforms in Bulgaria include the introduction of three packages of health care. Those who pay their health insurances regularly will get the full package for the life threatening conditions. Those who pay extra insurance in private funds will get the main package, plus free treatment for less threatening conditions, planned operations, etc.
The access to healthcare for those who do not pay their health insurance will be somewhat limited and they will get free treatment only in emergency cases. The current statistical data shows that around 2.2 million Bulgarian citizens do not pay their health insurance, for whatever reason.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking