Bulgaria's Police Arrests Man For False Robbery Claim
The police in Bulgaria's town of Nikopol arrested a man who claimed armed robbers stole BGN 14 000 from his truck, reports Dnevnik.bg.
On Thursday evening the man called the police and said he was attacked and robber on the road to the village Dragash Voivoda.
He told the police he was driving back after a delivery of 2.2 tonnes of yellow cheese when a car cut in front of him and another one stopped behind him. Three armed men dragged him off the truck, brought him to the ground and put a bag over his head. Afterwards they made off with the BGN 14 000 from the sale of the cheese.
The police, however, established that there were no signs of crime and investigated a false claim. After they found BGN 1000 in the pockets of the driver, he admitted there was no robbery and he made it all up.
The man, who has a criminal record, has been arrested, while the police looks for the remaining money.
- » Officer Is Fourth Killed in France Terrorist Attack
- » Gunman Shot Dead by French Police After Two Killed in Trèbes Supermarket Hostage Situation (UPDATED)
- » Greek Authorities Seize 11 kg of Heroin at Athens Airport
- » BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Gunman 'Kills Shop Worker' After Taking Hostages at French Supermarket
- » 34 Killed, Including 17 Children, in an Air Strike in Northwestern Syria
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia