Bulgaria's Police Arrests Man For False Robbery Claim
The police in Bulgaria's town of Nikopol arrested a man who claimed armed robbers stole BGN 14 000 from his truck, reports Dnevnik.bg.
On Thursday evening the man called the police and said he was attacked and robber on the road to the village Dragash Voivoda.
He told the police he was driving back after a delivery of 2.2 tonnes of yellow cheese when a car cut in front of him and another one stopped behind him. Three armed men dragged him off the truck, brought him to the ground and put a bag over his head. Afterwards they made off with the BGN 14 000 from the sale of the cheese.
The police, however, established that there were no signs of crime and investigated a false claim. After they found BGN 1000 in the pockets of the driver, he admitted there was no robbery and he made it all up.
The man, who has a criminal record, has been arrested, while the police looks for the remaining money.
- » Thousands of Britons have Bought Fake Diplomas
- » Arrested Doctor Worked Under the Influence of Alcohol
- » California Horror Story: Thirteen Brothers and Sisters were Found Chained by their Parents in a House
- » Serbian Political Leader In Northern Kosovo Shot Dead
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » 15 were Injured in a Russian School after an Assault by Masked Men