Missing Bulgaria Ex Security Head 'Spotted' near Petrich
The automobile of Petko Sertov, the former head of state security agency DANS who disappeared last Friday, was reportedly spotted near the town of Petrich, kilometers away from the Bulgaria-Greece Border.
The Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary said on Thursday authorities were investigating into the information, Darik Radio reports.
Lazarov added report could suggest he was on his way to Greece on December 5 at about 18:00 EET.
Police are not confirming the hypothesis, but in Lazarov's words this could be a plausible version having in mind Sertov and "his family's contacts" in Greece. He did not elaborate.
It was on the same day, December 5, that Sertov's wife says he went missing.
Speculation has been growing as to why Sertov left his home on Friday leaving both his mobile phones and setting off in his Opel Astra in an unknown direction (unless the abovementioned information is confirmed).
Some point to suicidal intentions, while others suspect he could have been threatened over information he had obtained while working for the State Agency for National Security (DANS) in 2008-2009.
Vladimir Pisanchev, who is currently heading DANS, told MPs during a joint Committee session in Parliament on Thursday the agency was not directly working on Sertov's disappearance.
He added the agency had "no data at the moment" but also that employees had been urged to disclose any information on the case they might stumble upon.
- » A Tourist was Killed after an Accident in a Cathedral in Florence
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Spanish Fighter Jet Crashed During Takeoff from the Base, Pilot Killed
- » Famous Maltese Journalist and Blogger Dies in Car Bomb Attack
- » Military Plane Crash in Spain - Casualties Unclear