Organizers of Bingo, Keno Games in Bulgaria to Pay Gambling Tax
Bulgaria’s parliament on Friday expanded the scope of tax levied on games of chance to include bingo, keno and their varieties.
According to amendments to the Gambling Act adopted on second and final reading, the organizers of the newly included lottery games will have to pay a 15% turnover tax if betting is made in gambling premises or casinos.
In case of online betting, organizers will pay 20% tax on the difference between their revenue and winnings payouts.
Those tax rates apply to all other gambling games. Bingo and keno, however, were omitted in the amendments to the Gambling Act adopted by the previous parliament, thus allowing organizers of those lottery games to pay only 10% corporate tax.
The amendments are expected to bring additional five million levs a year in tax revenue.
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined the Bulgarian Stock Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017
- » Projects for BGN 180m have been Implemented Under JESSICA Program