Sofia Declared UNESCO City of Film - Report
Sofia has been declared a UNESCO City of Film.
The City of Film program is part of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network.
The new cities were announced by UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova in Paris.
Bokova is to hand out a certificate to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova during a visit to Bulgaria’s capital, according to unconfirmed reports of mass circulation daily 24 Hours.
The Creative Cities Network, which has been functioning since 2004, includes seven categories: Literature, Film, Music, Craft and Folk Art, Design, Media Arts, and Gastronomy.
The holder of the title receives greater support for developing creative potential in the sphere.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October