Sofia Declared UNESCO City of Film - Report
Sofia has been declared a UNESCO City of Film.
The City of Film program is part of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network.
The new cities were announced by UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova in Paris.
Bokova is to hand out a certificate to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova during a visit to Bulgaria’s capital, according to unconfirmed reports of mass circulation daily 24 Hours.
The Creative Cities Network, which has been functioning since 2004, includes seven categories: Literature, Film, Music, Craft and Folk Art, Design, Media Arts, and Gastronomy.
The holder of the title receives greater support for developing creative potential in the sphere.
- » Sting will Sing Twice in Plovdiv Next Year
- » Oscars: Reality Meets Dark Comedy in Bulgaria's 'Glory'
- » UNESCO Adds Rebetiko to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » "Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices " with a New Single (Video)
- » In Moscow Opened Exhibition "SuperPutin"
- » Leonardo da Vinci's Salvator Mundi is Going to the Louvre Abu Dhabi