Bulgaria To Exhibit Thracian Treasures In Paris' Louvre
Bulgaria will exhibit Thracian treasures in the Louvre in Paris next year, reports the Standart daily.
The exhibition “Antique Thrace – The Odrysian Kingdom” will feature the Panagyurishte golden treasure and 325 exhibits – mostly golden and silver items from various treasures.
Another notable exhibit will be the bronze head of the Thracian king Seuthes III, uncovered 10 years ago in a Thracian tomb in the Valley of the Thracian Kings near Kazanlak. This would be the first time this statue will be exhibited abroad.
The artifacts were gathered from 12 museums in Bulgaria by the curator Prof. Totko Stoyanov. Another 10 museums abroad will lend items from their collections to the exhibition.
It starts on April 15, 2015 and will be on till July 20, 2015. According to estimates, the exhibition will be visited by 4 million tourists.
The items in the exhibition were evaluated by insurers at EUR 165 M, according to the Standart daily report.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October