Budget Committee Passes Update of Health Fund's Expenditure
The temporary Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament has approved the allocation of BGN 100 M more to the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
MPs passed the bill overwhelmingly, with 15 voting yes, none against and four abstained.
NZOK, a cash-strapped institution, has remained in dire straits over the past few months despite the previous elected government's eleventh-hour decision to grant BGN 225 M more to its budget so that the fund is able to make payments to hospitals during the entire year.
Doctors had demanded more than BGN 300 M from the cabinet in July, when it was just about to resign, but it failed to set aside that amount in its last days in office.
- » Flu Epidemic in the Pazardzhik Region
- » Do not Try to Suppress a Sneeze, Advise Doctors
- » About 300-400,000 Bulgarians Probably will be Ill in the Next Month, Chief State Health Inspector
- » Most People with Flu are in Pernik, Pazardzhik, Gabrovo, Blagoevgrad and Stara Zagora
- » Flu Epidemic in Pernik
- » First Proven Case of Hong Kong Flu in Bulgaria this Year