Budget Committee Passes Update of Health Fund's Expenditure
The temporary Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament has approved the allocation of BGN 100 M more to the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
MPs passed the bill overwhelmingly, with 15 voting yes, none against and four abstained.
NZOK, a cash-strapped institution, has remained in dire straits over the past few months despite the previous elected government's eleventh-hour decision to grant BGN 225 M more to its budget so that the fund is able to make payments to hospitals during the entire year.
Doctors had demanded more than BGN 300 M from the cabinet in July, when it was just about to resign, but it failed to set aside that amount in its last days in office.
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful
- » Dark Chocolate is Useful for Treating High Blood Pressure
- » The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Denies that Meat with Antibiotics Reaches Consumers