Group of Racketeers Nabbed in Sofia
A group of racketeers have been arrested in Sofia in an ongoing joint operation of the Sofia Directorate of the Interior Ministry and the Chief Directorate “Criminal Police.”
Police have so far arrested 6 people aged 30-35, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
According to sources close to the matter, the racketeers were exceptionally brutal towards their victims.
The police operation is being conducted in Sofia’s residential districts of Druzhba and Slatina.
The detainees are believed to have been involved in racketeering and extortion.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria