Desislava Taneva - Minister of Agriculture
Desislava Taneva, the new Bulgarian Agriculture Minister, was born in 1972.
She graduated from the University for National and World Economy and later from the Burgas Free University, where she studied law.
In 1995-1996 Taneva was the manager of Melnichen Kompleks Sliven AD (Mill Complex Sliven). She became CEO of Mel Invest Holding AD.
In 2007 she was the first female Chair of her hometown Sliven's Municipal Council.
Taneva made it into Parliament two years later, in 2009.
In 2009 Taneva was Boyko Borisov's nominee to take over the same portfolio in the previous GERB government.
However, she gave up the nomination, citing ongoing "speculations" about her career as a CEO and "the potential conflict of interest" as a reason.
Taneva remained a lawmaker and chaired the Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Food.
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Climber Boyan Petrov Proposes Changes in the Decision of the Council of Ministers for Bansko
- » Political Crisis in the Czech Republic: The Government Resigned
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » The Five-star Marriott will be the Tallest Hotel in Sofia