Desislava Taneva - Minister of Agriculture
Desislava Taneva, the new Bulgarian Agriculture Minister, was born in 1972.
She graduated from the University for National and World Economy and later from the Burgas Free University, where she studied law.
In 1995-1996 Taneva was the manager of Melnichen Kompleks Sliven AD (Mill Complex Sliven). She became CEO of Mel Invest Holding AD.
In 2007 she was the first female Chair of her hometown Sliven's Municipal Council.
Taneva made it into Parliament two years later, in 2009.
In 2009 Taneva was Boyko Borisov's nominee to take over the same portfolio in the previous GERB government.
However, she gave up the nomination, citing ongoing "speculations" about her career as a CEO and "the potential conflict of interest" as a reason.
Taneva remained a lawmaker and chaired the Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Food.
- » Bulgaria is First in Europe in Increase of the Number of Prisoners in 2016
- » Constitutional Court will Initiate a Case in Relation to the Istanbul Convention
- » South Korea and the United States will Resume their Military Exercises on April 1
- » Head of State: Israel Would be Interested in Investing in High Technology
- » EU's Juncker Follows France, Germany in Congratulating Putin
- » A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st