Desislava Taneva - Minister of Agriculture
Desislava Taneva, the new Bulgarian Agriculture Minister, was born in 1972.
She graduated from the University for National and World Economy and later from the Burgas Free University, where she studied law.
In 1995-1996 Taneva was the manager of Melnichen Kompleks Sliven AD (Mill Complex Sliven). She became CEO of Mel Invest Holding AD.
In 2007 she was the first female Chair of her hometown Sliven's Municipal Council.
Taneva made it into Parliament two years later, in 2009.
In 2009 Taneva was Boyko Borisov's nominee to take over the same portfolio in the previous GERB government.
However, she gave up the nomination, citing ongoing "speculations" about her career as a CEO and "the potential conflict of interest" as a reason.
Taneva remained a lawmaker and chaired the Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Food.
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » Crucial Week For the State Budget
- » Bulgaria Fulfilled All the Criteria For Entry into Schengen, Bulgarian Foreign Minister
- » End of Autonomous Catalonia! Madrid has taken away the Rights of the Government of Puigdemont
- » New Zealand's New Prime Minister will be the Youngest Female Leader in the World
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa