Krasen Kralev - Sports Minister (GERB)
Krasen Kralev is Minister of Sports in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
He was elected member of Bulgaria’s Parliament in October 5 early elections running on GERB ticket.
Kralev is founder and board chairman of MAG Communications, a group of marketing communication agencies. He also owns Alternative Media Group and Web Media Group which comprise over a dozen of websites.
He was deputy chairman of New Time party, a position he resigned from in July 2009.
In 1990, Kralev was co-founder of Bulgaria’s Federation of Independent Students’ Societies and the Bulgarian Association for Fair Elections and Civil Rights.
He had assisted US’ National Democratic Institute in conducting election monitoring missions in Albania, South Africa, Yemen, Ukraine and former Yugoslavia.
Kralev had taken part in the planning and managing of the election campaigns of Bulgarian Presidents Zhelyu Zhelev (1991) and Petar Stoyanov (1996) and Bulgarian Prime Minister Simeon-Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (2001).
Born in 1967, Kralev holds a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act