Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
- » End of Autonomous Catalonia! Madrid has taken away the Rights of the Government of Puigdemont
- » New Zealand's New Prime Minister will be the Youngest Female Leader in the World
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished