Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans