Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Romania's Foreign Minister: Postponing the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen Area is a Political Issu
- » According to the Polish Prime Minister, "North Stream-2" Could Trigger a Russian-Ukrainian War
- » President Rumen Radev Met with Macedonian Counterpart Gjorge Ivanov
- » Hungary Anti-Immigration Bill an 'Assault on Human Rights': U.N.