Ivaylo Kalfin - Deputy PM in Charge of Social Policy (ABV)
Ivaylo Kalfin, the Deputy Prime Minister in Charge of Demographic and Social Policy and Minister Of Social Policy was born in Sofia in 1964.
Kalfin has studied International Economic Relations in the University of National and World Economy in Sofia and International Banking in the Loughborough University.
He has specialized in Austria and the US.
He was Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria and Deputy Prime Minister from 2005 to 2009. Kalfin was a member of European Parliament (2009-2014).
A lawmaker in the 37th, 38th and 40th Bulgarian National Assemblies. Kalfin speaks English, French, Spanish and Russian.
He has been teaching finances at the International University, Sofia.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act