Lilyana Pavlova - Regional Development Minister (GERB)
Lilyana Pavlova will be minister of regional development in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
From 2011 until 2013 she held the same post in Borisov’s previous government (2009-2013) after Rosen Plevneliev stepped down to run for President.
Born in 1977, Pavlova holds a bachelor’s degree in International Economic Relations from Sofia-based University of National and World Economy, a master’s degree in Public Administration and European Integration and PhD in Economics from Varna Free University.
Her professional career began in 1997 when she started working as financial manager under the PHARE EU program BG 9315 in the Managers' Training Program. In 1998 and 1999, Pavlova was Office Manager under the PHARE Program of the Tempus Project.
From 1999 to 2002, she worked as ISPA program expert at the Regional Ministry.
From 2002 to 2009 (when she was appointed Deputy Regional Minister in the new GERB cabinet), the new Minister has been Department Head of the Financial Management, Control, and Certification of EU Funds Unit within the National Fund Directorate at the Finance Ministry.
Pavlova is fluent in English and Russian.
- » The Foreign Ministry Working on Borisov-Trump Meeting
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Russia has Warned the EU not to Make the Same Mistake with Serbia as with Ukraine
- » Edi Rama Suggests Kosovo and Albania Could have Common President One Day
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » Lavrov Warned About US Plans for Syria