Lilyana Pavlova - Regional Development Minister (GERB)
Lilyana Pavlova will be minister of regional development in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
From 2011 until 2013 she held the same post in Borisov’s previous government (2009-2013) after Rosen Plevneliev stepped down to run for President.
Born in 1977, Pavlova holds a bachelor’s degree in International Economic Relations from Sofia-based University of National and World Economy, a master’s degree in Public Administration and European Integration and PhD in Economics from Varna Free University.
Her professional career began in 1997 when she started working as financial manager under the PHARE EU program BG 9315 in the Managers' Training Program. In 1998 and 1999, Pavlova was Office Manager under the PHARE Program of the Tempus Project.
From 1999 to 2002, she worked as ISPA program expert at the Regional Ministry.
From 2002 to 2009 (when she was appointed Deputy Regional Minister in the new GERB cabinet), the new Minister has been Department Head of the Financial Management, Control, and Certification of EU Funds Unit within the National Fund Directorate at the Finance Ministry.
Pavlova is fluent in English and Russian.
- » End of Autonomous Catalonia! Madrid has taken away the Rights of the Government of Puigdemont
- » New Zealand's New Prime Minister will be the Youngest Female Leader in the World
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished