Rumyana Bachvarova - Deputy PM for Coalition Policy (GERB)
Rumyana Bachvarova will be deputy prime minister in charge of coalition policy and state administration in the coalition government led by Boyko Borisov that was unveiled on Thursday.
She was member of GERB’s team of negotiators who held talks over forging a coalition government with other parties represented in Parliament following inconclusive October 5 early elections.
Nominated to the post by GERB, Bachvarova was manager of polling agency Market Links.
Bachvarova, born in 1959, has a degree in sociology from Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
An experienced professional in marketing and media surveys, public communications and advertisement market. When Boyko Borisov became prime minister following general elections in July 2009 won by GERB, he appointed Bachvarova chief of his staff.
Market Links polling agency made headlines before the general elections in 2009 after forecasting that GERB party will win the vote by a large margin. Most surveys at that time said the party of Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov had a negligible lead over the Socialist party.
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov will Represent the EU Council of G20 in Argentina
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
- » Europol: 800 People From the Western Balkans are in the Ranks of the "Islamic State"
- » The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
- » Part of Sofia is out of Water Because of a New Channel and Repairs
- » NATO Set To Begin Move To New Brussels Headquarters