Bulgaria’s Govt Moves to Increase Capacity of Lyubimets Refugee Center
Bulgaria’s caretaker government has decided to boost the capacity of the Lyubimets refugee center by setting up a wagon-camp.
The caretaker government decided Thursday to amend a plan for additional measures in the case of increased migratory pressure in the period April-December 2014 to allocate additional funding to boost the capacity of the accommodation center in Lyubimets to 400.
The transportation and placement of the wagons, the provision of power and water supply, and the connection to a sewerage network, are to cost BGN 637 000 plus an additional BGN 49 000.
The wagon settlement is to be completed by the end of 2014, according to reports of Sega daily.
The refugee center in Lyubimets is managed by the Migration Directorate of the Interior Ministry and it accommodates illegal immigrants who have not yet filed applications for refugee status.
The refugee center, which has been functioning since 2011, can currently house 300 people.
- » 3 People Dead, 23 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv
- » Sofia Disagrees with Putin Claim that Slavonic Alphabet Arrived in Russia From Macedonian Land
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions