Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
All members of the Bulgarian team won medals at the XIX International Astronomy Olympiad in Bishkek.
The event took place on October 13-21, 2014 and brought together schoolchildren from over 20 countries.
The Bulgarian team returned home late on Tuesday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Bulgarian medalists told journalists that their success had been achieved thanks to year-round preparation.
They said that their major rivals at the competition had been the participants from India, Indonesia, Russia and Romania.
The young astronomers said they would most probably pursue a degree abroad but they did not rule out a career in Bulgaria.
They said that there were a number of astronomers who were involved in serious research at Bulgaria’s Rozhen National Astronomical Observatory.
They also informed that Bulgaria would host the next international astronomy Olympiad in the autumn of 2015.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021