Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
All members of the Bulgarian team won medals at the XIX International Astronomy Olympiad in Bishkek.
The event took place on October 13-21, 2014 and brought together schoolchildren from over 20 countries.
The Bulgarian team returned home late on Tuesday, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Bulgarian medalists told journalists that their success had been achieved thanks to year-round preparation.
They said that their major rivals at the competition had been the participants from India, Indonesia, Russia and Romania.
The young astronomers said they would most probably pursue a degree abroad but they did not rule out a career in Bulgaria.
They said that there were a number of astronomers who were involved in serious research at Bulgaria’s Rozhen National Astronomical Observatory.
They also informed that Bulgaria would host the next international astronomy Olympiad in the autumn of 2015.
- » Campaign for Student Candidates has Began at Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski"
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu