Varna Hospital To Transplant Stem Cells For Leukaemia Treatment
By the end of the year the University Hospital St. Marina in Varna will start transplants of hematopoietic stem cells as part of the treatment of some types of leukaemia, said the donors coordinator of the hospital Vilian Platikanov, quoted by the BNR public broadcaster.
According to Platikanov, the hospital won a project under the EU Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy 2007-2013 programme worth several million leva, which allowed it to purchase all necessary equipment and consumables.
The laboratory will also be used for training of students and medics.
- » Blagoevgrad Municipality is in a Flu Epidemic
- » New Influenza Virus was Detected in Bulgaria
- » Flu Epidemic in the Pazardzhik Region
- » Do not Try to Suppress a Sneeze, Advise Doctors
- » About 300-400,000 Bulgarians Probably will be Ill in the Next Month, Chief State Health Inspector
- » Most People with Flu are in Pernik, Pazardzhik, Gabrovo, Blagoevgrad and Stara Zagora