Varna Hospital To Transplant Stem Cells For Leukaemia Treatment
By the end of the year the University Hospital St. Marina in Varna will start transplants of hematopoietic stem cells as part of the treatment of some types of leukaemia, said the donors coordinator of the hospital Vilian Platikanov, quoted by the BNR public broadcaster.
According to Platikanov, the hospital won a project under the EU Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy 2007-2013 programme worth several million leva, which allowed it to purchase all necessary equipment and consumables.
The laboratory will also be used for training of students and medics.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking