CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
Bulgaria's Central Electoral Committee (CEC) fined the leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) Lyutvi Mestan and MP Hyusein Hafsuzov for solicitation in foreign language, which is forbidden by law.
Mestan received fines for three separate occasions for solicitation in Turkish and Hafsuzov – for one. The fines vary between BGN 200 and 2000.
Hafsuzov may also be investigated for statements calling for national and ethnic confrontation, made while he was meeting supporters in Turkey.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off
- » Meglena Kuneva's Party to Hold Internal Referendum on RB Role in Gov't