GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off
The centre-right GERB and the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) will negotiate on Tuesday afternoon on the formation and support for new government.
At a press conference on Monday DPS leader Lyutvi Mestan said his party will offer unconditional support for a minority GERB government, but refused to support a government formed in coalition with far nationalist parties.
The negotiations will be held by Tsetska Tsathceva, Menda Stoyanova and Rumyana Bachvarova from GEBR and Aliosman Imamov, Rushen Riza and Yordan Tsonev from DPS.
The negotiations between GERB and the second-largest in Parliament Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) on Monday failed and BSP will remain in opposition.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » Meglena Kuneva's Party to Hold Internal Referendum on RB Role in Gov't