Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
The Sofia Zoo has arranged to get new animals, among which will be Humboldt Penguins and kangaroos, said the recently appointed director of the zoo Manol Neikov, quoted by the Standart daily.
The new additions were negotiated during the annual conference of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA).
“We will get two or three couples of Humboldt Penguins, but first we need to build special habitats for them,” Neikov said. “There will be pools, rocks and small dwellings. We are expecting specialist help from EAZA in order to ensure proper housing for the penguins.”
Meanwhile, the cause of death of 10 herbivorous animals in the Sofia zoo this summer was finally established, reports Standart.
The acute viral infection was established after numerous laboratory tests.
“There was no food poisoning, nor deliberate poisoning, it was all caused by an acute viral infection,” Neikov told the newspaper.
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » NIMH: Fog in Some Areas in the Morning, Maximum Temperatures 22-27°C