Donations in Bulgaria Hit Record Low in 2013
Record decline in donations in the country in 2013 was reported by the Bulgarian Donors' Forum.
For the first time in seven years the value of donations dropped by 22% compared to the previous year. This is mainly due to the decrease in donations from companies and the withdrawal of some foreign donors, explained the director of the organization Krasimira Velichkova.
Meanwhile, individual donations have increased by 17%, as people have donated nearly BGN 6M last year, Darik news reports.
Only 1.7% of individual donations in 2013 were in support of political parties, reported by the Bulgarian Donors' Forum.
- » Bulgaria Honors St Theodore with Horse Racing
- » The White House Attacking with a Car was Deliberate, but it was not Dangerous
- » The Road Infrastructure Agency has Warned of Snow and Strong Winds from Sunday
- » Bulgaria, Lithuania and Romania are the Countries with the Lowest Minimum Wage in the EU
- » There are no More Wild Horses on Earth
- » Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution