Teachers Urge Parents To Donate, Instead Of Buying Flowers
The teachers in the Shumen school “Sava Dobroplodni” urged parents to donate the money they are going to spend on flowers to the residents in the flooded areas of Bulgaria.
It is traditional in Bulgaria for the school children to bring flowers for their teachers on the first day of school, September 15.
“September 15 approaches - the first day of school approaches, the day in which we shall meet again in love and hope”, wrote the teachers, quoted by the Darik national radio. “As tradition suggests, we shall get lots of flowers – a token of your appreciation for our work. Currently our fatherland is suffering – many children have no roof above their heads and school will be hard for them. Dear parents, we ask you, those of you who have set aside money for flowers, to place it in the piggy bank we'll set up in the school. Thus we shall show our compassion to the children in need and their families.”
According to the teachers, the collected sum will be transferred to the Bulgarian Red Cross. They urge their colleagues from across the country to support their initiative.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021