Seaside Property Sales to Russians Drop By 30%
The sales of Bulgarian seaside real estate to Russian citizens has dropped by 30% since end of July, reports the Nova TV national channel.
According to real estate brokers, the story with the British buyers repeats – suddenly the interest of Russian buyers dissipated and some of the owners are already trying to sell.
“It is true that this season we have weaker demand and less inquiries from Russian buyers, hence the sales are also less,” said Diana Ivanova, owner of a seaside real estate agency.
The main reasons, according to brokers, are the tensions between Russia and Ukraine and the wider availability of vacation destinations in Russia – Sochi and the annexed Crimean peninsula.
“Another reason is the higher transport expenses,” said Vyacheslav Goryunov, chairperson of the Omsk association of real estate companies. “If they want to get to Bulgaria, they must fly, which is a lot more expensive than to drive.”
According to Russian owners, another put off is the constant construction, which is unbearable.
In spite the exodus of Russian buyers, they remain the largest foreign group, which owns real estate in Bulgaria.
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia
That is so true! I myself was looking for a property in Bulgaria and was put off by an overdeveloped Black Sea coast which looks like a brick jungle. The apartments are mainly studios, view - what view? One can hardly see the sky above the neighboring house and at over 1000 euros per m2 plus fees and commission... No, thank you!
Please, can anyone advise me what is the best place to live in Bulgaria near hot springs. My doctor said I need warm and dry climate.