EU Allocates EUR 30 M for Bulgaria-Turkey Cooperation
The EU Commission will put aside a total of EUR 30 M for trans-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Turkey in 2014-2020, media sources say.
The program comprising a territory of 29 square km and inhabited by 1.5 million people on both sides of the border will include projects in the southern Bulgarian towns of Haskovo and Yambol and also in the Black Sea city of Burgas, public broadcaster BNR's Brussels correspondent has revealed.
Upon the request of Turkey, a certain part of the funding might be earmarked for the implementation of a four-year agreement on the preservation of cultural and historic heritage signed between the two countries.
- » New Study of Food in Bulgaria and in Western Europe: Double Standards of Quality and Price
- » Bulgarian Dance "Horo" in the Center of Brussels
- » 1st Plenary Session of the Informal Meeting of EU Health Ministers in Sofia is Under Way
- » The EC is Considering Setting Up a New Energy Agency
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria and 15 other EU Countries will Work For a European Supercomputer