EU Allocates EUR 30 M for Bulgaria-Turkey Cooperation
The EU Commission will put aside a total of EUR 30 M for trans-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Turkey in 2014-2020, media sources say.
The program comprising a territory of 29 square km and inhabited by 1.5 million people on both sides of the border will include projects in the southern Bulgarian towns of Haskovo and Yambol and also in the Black Sea city of Burgas, public broadcaster BNR's Brussels correspondent has revealed.
Upon the request of Turkey, a certain part of the funding might be earmarked for the implementation of a four-year agreement on the preservation of cultural and historic heritage signed between the two countries.
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo