EU Allocates EUR 30 M for Bulgaria-Turkey Cooperation
The EU Commission will put aside a total of EUR 30 M for trans-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Turkey in 2014-2020, media sources say.
The program comprising a territory of 29 square km and inhabited by 1.5 million people on both sides of the border will include projects in the southern Bulgarian towns of Haskovo and Yambol and also in the Black Sea city of Burgas, public broadcaster BNR's Brussels correspondent has revealed.
Upon the request of Turkey, a certain part of the funding might be earmarked for the implementation of a four-year agreement on the preservation of cultural and historic heritage signed between the two countries.
- » World Bank: Entire Bulgarian Generation Needed To Reach EU Standards
- » EP's Tajani 'Wishes GERB Good Luck in Elections' - Bulgaria PM
- » Logo of Bulgaria's EU Presidency Selected
- » Bulgaria's Election Watchdog Confirms Petar Kurumbashev Will Be MEP
- » Austria's Chancellor Accuses Eastern Europe of 'Exporting Unemployment'
- » 170 Participants in Competition for Bulgaria's EU Presidency Logo