EU Allocates EUR 30 M for Bulgaria-Turkey Cooperation
The EU Commission will put aside a total of EUR 30 M for trans-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Turkey in 2014-2020, media sources say.
The program comprising a territory of 29 square km and inhabited by 1.5 million people on both sides of the border will include projects in the southern Bulgarian towns of Haskovo and Yambol and also in the Black Sea city of Burgas, public broadcaster BNR's Brussels correspondent has revealed.
Upon the request of Turkey, a certain part of the funding might be earmarked for the implementation of a four-year agreement on the preservation of cultural and historic heritage signed between the two countries.
- » Donald Tusk To Visit Bulgaria in April
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Position for EU Summit Meeting in Rome
- » EP Adopts Resolution on Bulgarians in Albania
- » Expenses for Bulgaria's EU Presidency To Exceed BGN 50 M for 2017
- » EU To Send Experts to Sofia To Help With Presidency Organisation
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM: No Nominations for EU Commissioner under Discussion