Police Seize 3600kg of Cannabis from Fields in SW Bulgaria
Police have detected cannabis weighing over 3600kg in two operations in fields near the village of Dragush, Petrich District, and the village of Laki, Gotse Delchev District.
During two parallel operations conducted on Friday near the southwestern villages of Dragush and Laki, police founf a total of 1030 stalks of cannabis weighing slightly over 3600kg, according to the press office of the Interior Ministry.
After inspecting nine properties on the territory of the village of Dragush, police officers detected 915 stalks of cannabis weighing a total of 3505kg.
Meanwhile, police officers from Gotse Delchev found 115 stalks of cannabis weighing a total of 98kg in a property located on the territory of the village of Laki.
Pre-trial proceedings have been opened into the cases and they have been reported to the regional prosecutor’s offices in Petrich and Gotse Delchev.
On August 19, police in Sandanski and Blagoevgrad destroyed 1.5 tonnes of cannabis found on the territory of the villages of Ploski and Gorno Harsovo.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna