Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria Is Balkan Heavyweight, But Eurasian Lightweight
- » Huffington Post: 18 Reasons to Book Trip to Bulgaria ASAP
- » The Globe and Mail: Russia, Turkey Waging ‘Proxy Battle’ in Bulgaria
- » The Independent: Sofia Ranks as Fourth Most Dangerous City in Europe
- » Telegraph: Borovets Is Europe's 'Booziest Ski Resort'
- » The Guardian: Construction of Motorway Threatens Wildlife in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge