Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'
- » Politico: Bulgaria May Veer Shaprly Back into Moscow Orbit after Presidential Vote
- » Bulgaria's Radev 'Benefited from Popular Resentment against Coalition' - FT