Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » US Magazine Condemns UNESCO Director-General Bokova as Fervent Communist
- » DW: Why Has Putin Softened Tone on Bulgaria?
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Growing Anxious as Flow of Migrants Keeps Rising
- » Tagesspiegel: 10 000 Greek Companies Have Moved to Bulgaria
- » Reuters: Germans Get Back to Basics in Deserted Bulgarian Village
- » Politico: Leaner, Cheaper Bulgaria Out-Competing Greece