Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » IFRC: Bulgarian Red Cross Volunteer Campaigns for the Rights of the Elderly in Lovech
- » BBC: Bulgaria Stems Migrant Flow Through Border with Turkey
- » Huffington Post: Bulgaria, a Stroll in the Park
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria, Romania to Get ‘Increasingly Involved’ in Crises over Refugees, Ukraine
- » The Guardian: Bulgaria’s Hidden Treasures Lie Beyond Cheap Beach Holidays
- » Stratfor: Bulgaria Is Balkan Heavyweight, But Eurasian Lightweight