Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » Russian PM: Bulgaria 'Worse Off' after Joining EU
- » BBC: Bulgaria Picks Up Pieces of Cancelled Russian Pipe
- » Gerhard Schroeder Says Bulgaria Was Forced into Halting South Stream
- » Bulgaria Would Still Get Transit Gas, Transit Millions
- » 'Bulgaria, South Stream Want Each Other, Prick Each Otner, "Dad" Does Not Allow'
- » The Economist: Russia’s U-turn on South Stream 'Taught Its Friends a Lesson'