Al Jazeera: Bulgaria Struggling to Cope with Mideast Refugee Influx
Bulgaria is grappling with an influx of refugees, mostly fleeing the war in Syria, that has caught authorities by surprise, Al Jazeera has said in a feature story.
Having stretched to the limit the capacity of refugee camps in the EU’s poorest member state, few of the refugees “are able to find steady jobs and secure housing” in Bulgaria where they are faced with language barriers and sluggish economy, Al Jazeera said.
You can read the whole feature story here: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2014/08/bulgaria-grapples-with-mideast-refugee-surge-2014819124227217604.html
- » BBC: Is Bulgaria Europe's Silicon Valley?
- » Newsweek: Iron Curtain Back in Bulgaria, Migrants Face Brutality
- » German NGO Calls on Berlin not to Send Asylum Seekers Back to Bulgaria
- » Is Bulgaria a 16th Republic or a 51st State?
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Puts Up a New Wall, but This One Keeps People Out
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Struggling to Deal with Pension System's Strain on Economy