Heroin Worth BGN 3M Seized at Bulgarian – Turkish Border
Bulgaria’s Customs Agency said on Friday it has seized heroin worth BGN 3M at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, at the border with Turkey.
A total of 60 packs of heroin were hidden in a Bulgarian-registered van that traveled to Bulgaria from Turkey. The total amount of the seized drug is 31.380 kg, Nova Tv reports.
The car driver, who is a Bulgarian citizen, was taken into custody.
Two other foreign citizens have been detained for complicity.
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Crime Group Making Fake Passports for Migrants
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence