Heroin Worth BGN 3M Seized at Bulgarian – Turkish Border
Bulgaria’s Customs Agency said on Friday it has seized heroin worth BGN 3M at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, at the border with Turkey.
A total of 60 packs of heroin were hidden in a Bulgarian-registered van that traveled to Bulgaria from Turkey. The total amount of the seized drug is 31.380 kg, Nova Tv reports.
The car driver, who is a Bulgarian citizen, was taken into custody.
Two other foreign citizens have been detained for complicity.
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation
- » British Tourist’s Drug-Related Death in Bulgaria Occurred ’by Misadventure’