Heroin Worth BGN 3M Seized at Bulgarian – Turkish Border
Bulgaria’s Customs Agency said on Friday it has seized heroin worth BGN 3M at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, at the border with Turkey.
A total of 60 packs of heroin were hidden in a Bulgarian-registered van that traveled to Bulgaria from Turkey. The total amount of the seized drug is 31.380 kg, Nova Tv reports.
The car driver, who is a Bulgarian citizen, was taken into custody.
Two other foreign citizens have been detained for complicity.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'