Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
Tourist trips of Bulgarians abroad have increased by 34.7% in the second quarter of 2014, as compared to the same period of 2013, according to the National Statistical Institute.
Meanwhile, a decrease was observed in the number of Bulgarian residents who traveled in the country – by 13.6%.
In Q2 of 2014, 886.1 thousand Bulgarians went on a tourist trip. The majority (74.7%) of them traveled only within the country, 19.8% - only abroad and 5.5% - both in the country and abroad.
In the second quarter of 2014, most of the tourist trips (45.4%) were made by residents aged 25-44 years.
The share of tourist trips organized through a travel agency or a tour operator abroad was 39.6% and in the country – 5.8%.
The highest relative share of expenditure was on food for domestic trips – 36.0% and for trips abroad - on transport (41.8%).
In the second quarter of 2014 a person aged 15 and above spent on average BGN 216.67 in the country and BGN 386.81 – abroad.
Meanwhile, the average expenditure per person on a business trip was BGN 253.22 for trips in the country and BGN 1069.45 for business trips abroad.
- » Dutch Transavia To Launch Sofia-Amsterdam Flights
- » Sofia Attracts Over 500,000 Tourists So Far in 2016
- » Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Is Becoming All-Inclusive Destination
- » Hoteliers Obliged To Maintain Tourist Register
- » Tourism Minister Declares 2016 Most Successful Year in Last 25 Years