EU Environment Funds for Bulgaria Frozen until October At the Earliest
Funding under Operational Program Environment will be unfrozen no earlier than October, Bulgaria's caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters Svetlana Zhekova said, Friday.
Currently, efforts are focused on minimizing the risk of losing EU funds, novinite.bg informs.
"In August, the European Commission sent a letter for the automatic reduction of about EUR 50M, therefore, our efforts will be directed towards minimizing other eventual losses. Our main goal remains to send a total of BGN 747 175 824.56 to the National Fund Directorate for certification in order to minimize the loss of funds under OP Environment in 2014," minister Zhekova said.
The water sector will continue to be a priority. The primary focus will again be on water supply and sewerage systems infrastructure, however efforts will be put in protecting water resources quality.
The next programming period will focus on two new issues - air pollution and climate, novinite.bg reports.
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » The Brussels Report on Bulgaria will be Released in November
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen