EU Environment Funds for Bulgaria Frozen until October At the Earliest
Funding under Operational Program Environment will be unfrozen no earlier than October, Bulgaria's caretaker Minister of Environment and Waters Svetlana Zhekova said, Friday.
Currently, efforts are focused on minimizing the risk of losing EU funds, novinite.bg informs.
"In August, the European Commission sent a letter for the automatic reduction of about EUR 50M, therefore, our efforts will be directed towards minimizing other eventual losses. Our main goal remains to send a total of BGN 747 175 824.56 to the National Fund Directorate for certification in order to minimize the loss of funds under OP Environment in 2014," minister Zhekova said.
The water sector will continue to be a priority. The primary focus will again be on water supply and sewerage systems infrastructure, however efforts will be put in protecting water resources quality.
The next programming period will focus on two new issues - air pollution and climate, novinite.bg reports.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki