Guinness Record Holder to Run Bulgaria's Persenk Ultramarathon 2014
World famous runners will participate in this year's biggest ultramarathon in Bulgaria - Persenk Ultra 2014.
The event starts Friday at midnight in the city center of Bulgaria's Asenovgrad, Nikolay Marangozov, one of the organizers of the marathon, told Darik news.
Among the participants are the Guinness world record winner Lyubomir Palakarchev, who holds the record for 600 km mountain running on the route Kom – Emine, as well as his opponent and world champion Rusko Kadiev.
A total of 130 runners have signed up to participate in this year's Persenk Ultra 2014. Some 110 of them are Bulgarians, but there are also participants from Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Macedonia, UK, USA and Ukraine.
The 130-kilometer route has a total of 9 refreshment points, where runners can get drinks, food, and medical care if necessary.
The sports event includes another route - the 80-kilometer Orehovo Ultra, Darik reports.
The final of Persenk Ultra is at 12:00 on August 24, Sunday.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Semifinals in Istanbul