Sofia Court of Appeals Dismisses Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin
Sofia Court of Appeals has dismissed Gergo Gergov, mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin.
The move was demanded by the Prosecutor's Office to avoid a risk of "putting pressure" on witnesses, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
Prosecutors indicted Gergov after he was arrested in an investigation carried out by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
Gergov is to be charged with breach of duties he allegedly committed while signing a contract with a firm assigned to make food supplies to budgetary institutions.
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor to Request Immunity of 7 MPs, 1 MEP
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany