Sofia Court of Appeals Dismisses Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin
Sofia Court of Appeals has dismissed Gergo Gergov, mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin.
The move was demanded by the Prosecutor's Office to avoid a risk of "putting pressure" on witnesses, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
Prosecutors indicted Gergov after he was arrested in an investigation carried out by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
Gergov is to be charged with breach of duties he allegedly committed while signing a contract with a firm assigned to make food supplies to budgetary institutions.
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead