Sofia Court of Appeals Dismisses Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin
Sofia Court of Appeals has dismissed Gergo Gergov, mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin.
The move was demanded by the Prosecutor's Office to avoid a risk of "putting pressure" on witnesses, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
Prosecutors indicted Gergov after he was arrested in an investigation carried out by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
Gergov is to be charged with breach of duties he allegedly committed while signing a contract with a firm assigned to make food supplies to budgetary institutions.
- » CNN: Nigeria Bombing, 50 Killed in Early Morning Attack on Mosque
- » EU Officials Accused of Selling Illegal Alcohol in Afghanistan
- » The Infamous Convicted Killer Charles Manson Died after 40 Years in Jail
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile