Sofia Court of Appeals Dismisses Mayor of Bulgaria's Vidin
Sofia Court of Appeals has dismissed Gergo Gergov, mayor of the Bulgarian town of Vidin.
The move was demanded by the Prosecutor's Office to avoid a risk of "putting pressure" on witnesses, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
Prosecutors indicted Gergov after he was arrested in an investigation carried out by the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
Gergov is to be charged with breach of duties he allegedly committed while signing a contract with a firm assigned to make food supplies to budgetary institutions.
- » Bulgaria's Interim PM Appears in Court as Applicant
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency Seizes 8,000 L of Dyed Fuel
- » Trafficking of 30 Endangered Jaco Parrots Prevented at Bulgarian Border
- » Bulgarians Sentenced in France over Gas Pump Skimming Attempt
- » Police Destroys Almost 10 T Of Cannabis Near Petrich
- » Sofia Court Delays Ruling on Anti-Putin Activist’s Extradition