Bulgaria's Transport Sector Turnover Increases by 13.4% in Q2 Y/Y
Total turnover index in transportation, storage and post sector increased by 13.4% in Q2 2014 compared to the same quarter of 2013.
The greatest increase was observed in Warehousing and support activities for transportation-by 24.1%.
According to the preliminary data in the second quarter of 2014 the total turnover index for section Transportation, storage and post,calculated on the basis of seasonally adjusted data, was 1.7% higher than in the previous quarter. The highest growth was registered in Warehousing and support activities for transportation - by 4.6%, Bulgaria's Statistical Institute preliminary data showed.
The total turnover index in section Information and communication decreased by 1.4% in comparison with the previous quarter. An increase was seen in Information service activities and Publishing activities by 4.1 and 0.6%, respectively.
The downward trend in water transport continued with a decline of 43.8%.
Increase was seen in Information service activities-by 21.1%, while reduction was observed in Telecommunications-by 8.1% and Publishing activities-by 1.0%. In Other business services the biggest growth in comparison with the second quarter of 2013 was observed in Security and investigation activities (15.0%) and Activities of head offices; management consultancy activities (14.0%).
A decline was reported in the other professional, scientific and technical activities-by 10.4% and advertising and market research-by10.0%.
- » Bulgaria Wins “Most Impressive Borrower in CEE” Award
- » Fast Food Chain, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Clash over Extortion Allegations
- » Rose Harvesting Campaign Begins in Bulgaria, Poor Yield Expected
- » German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry, Commerce Opposes Changes to Competition Law
- » Bulgaria Engineering Union Refutes 'Suspended Cooperation' Claims
- » Bulgarian Russian Intergovt Commission to Meet in October - Report