Police Working on Two Versions for Botevgrad's Businessman Murder
Currently, there are no suspects for the murder of the businessman Semko Semkov, who was shot dead in Bulgaria's Botevgrad, Wednesday.
Police are working on two versions – possible enemies or unsettled business, Nova Tv reports.
Semkov has not received any threats, his friends and business partners say he has not complained about having any problems.
The investigation clearly showed that Semkov has been followed, and that his murder was planned - there were no broken cameras in his home.
Forensic pathologists have so far found four bullets, probably from a Makarov pistol, inside Semkov's body.
The businessman's financial status is to be investigated, as well. A check up in the trade register shows that Semkov managed over 15 companies, he was in the board of directors of three associations and of the football club Balkan Botevgrad, and he ran a concession for the hunting and forestry in the village of Litakovo, Nova Tv informed.
"He was an outstanding person. He did not have any bodyguards, and he did not carry a gun. The last time we spoke, we talked about hunting. I did not sense any worry in his voice," former MP from GERB Emil Dimitrov, who is also a close friend of Semkov, told Nova Tv.
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 13 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption