Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
Bulgaria's interim Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov has decided to replace Veselin Ivanov, Director of the Defense Information Service, media sources say.
No specific motives are cited to be behind the expected move, but the daily Presa, which has issued the report, suggests it could be explained with the military intelligence service's delay in handing documents to the Files Commission, the institution managing the files of the Socialist-era state security agency DS.
Presa quotes experts as calling the shift a "risky" venture, with recent developments in Ukraine and the conflict with Islamic State (IS) in the Middle East in sight.
- » Contract on Repair of Bulgaria's MiG-29 Fighter Jets to be Ratified in Few Days
- » US 'Using Bulgaria' to Supply Arms to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Needs New Fighter Jets - Defense Committee Head
- » Bulgaria MPs Meeting Outdoors to Discuss Air Force
- » Civilian Chief of Bulgaria’s Military Intelligence Will Have to Go
- » Commander of Bulgarian Air Force Reportedly Resigns