Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
Bulgaria's interim Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov has decided to replace Veselin Ivanov, Director of the Defense Information Service, media sources say.
No specific motives are cited to be behind the expected move, but the daily Presa, which has issued the report, suggests it could be explained with the military intelligence service's delay in handing documents to the Files Commission, the institution managing the files of the Socialist-era state security agency DS.
Presa quotes experts as calling the shift a "risky" venture, with recent developments in Ukraine and the conflict with Islamic State (IS) in the Middle East in sight.
- » The Total Military Budget of NATO Member States is $ 957 billion
- » Defence Budget to Reach 2% of GDP by 2024
- » Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022
- » Trump Pushes for New 'Space Force'
- » NATO will Conduct Large-scale Exercises near Russia's Borders in October
- » Erdogan will not Give up on Buying C-400 Systems from Russia