Defense Minister 'to Dismiss Military Intelligence Chief'
Bulgaria's interim Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov has decided to replace Veselin Ivanov, Director of the Defense Information Service, media sources say.
No specific motives are cited to be behind the expected move, but the daily Presa, which has issued the report, suggests it could be explained with the military intelligence service's delay in handing documents to the Files Commission, the institution managing the files of the Socialist-era state security agency DS.
Presa quotes experts as calling the shift a "risky" venture, with recent developments in Ukraine and the conflict with Islamic State (IS) in the Middle East in sight.
- » Bulgaria's DefMin 'Was Subject to Wiretapping'
- » Bulgaria's Chief of Defense Steps Down over President-Elect
- » Bulgaria's Outgoing Govt Approves BGN 54.6 for MiG-29 Maintenance
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister Indicted for MiG-29 Contracts for EUR 3,773,000
- » NATO Training To Take Place in Lithuania
- » Bulgaria Purchases MiG-29 Engines from Russia