Seven Coalitions, 22 Parties to Run in Bulgaria's Early Elections
A total of twenty-two parties and seven coalitions are now registered at the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) as the deadline expired on Wednesday, August 20.
Two parties were denied registration.
The signatures all candidates have introduced to take part in the snap poll scheduled for October 5 are now to be checked at the Civil Registration and Administrative Services (GRAO) Department at the Ministry of Regional Development, the CEC's Spokesman Aleksandar Andreev explained.
Parties and coalitions will be allowed to make changes to their lists until September 2.
The election campaign is due to kick off on September 5.
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Leave Door Open for New Gov't Talks
- » CEC Fines DPS For Campaign Trail Solicitation In Foreign Language
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Begin Work on October 27
- » Ataka's Volen Siderov Leaves Consultations at Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria's GERB, Reformist Bloc to Hold Gov't Consultations
- » GERB, DPS Talks on Government Formation Kick Off