Seven Coalitions, 22 Parties to Run in Bulgaria's Early Elections
A total of twenty-two parties and seven coalitions are now registered at the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) as the deadline expired on Wednesday, August 20.
Two parties were denied registration.
The signatures all candidates have introduced to take part in the snap poll scheduled for October 5 are now to be checked at the Civil Registration and Administrative Services (GRAO) Department at the Ministry of Regional Development, the CEC's Spokesman Aleksandar Andreev explained.
Parties and coalitions will be allowed to make changes to their lists until September 2.
The election campaign is due to kick off on September 5.
- » GERB Leads Ahead of Snap Vote, Public Trust of Institutions Low-Survey
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Suspects 1,000 People of Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc Postpones Chairperson Election
- » Interior Ministry Investigates New Vote-Buying Schemes
- » Bulgarians Abroad to Vote at 450 Polling Stations in 56 Countries
- » OSCE Observers to Monitor Bulgaria's Elections