Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
Kiev is prepared to pay an interim compromise price for Russian gas, energy minister Yuri Prodan said, and criticised Russia's Gazprom for being unwilling to negotiate.
"We are ready to talk about some kind of reasonable compromise price until the situation is resolved (by the court)...but Gazprom is not taking part in the negotiation process," Prodan told reporters. "There is no compromise yet from Gazprom's side."
In June, Ukrainian state gas company Naftogaz filed a lawsuit at the Stockholm arbitration court to establish a "fair and market price" for natural gas supplies from Gazprom.
Prodan has previously said that around 16 billion cubic meters of gas would be reversed to Kiev from Slovakia, Poland and Hungary this year. That would meet around half of the country's gas import needs for 2014, Bulgaria's Telegraph Agency reported.
- » The EU Estimated the Price for Brexit: EUR 52 Billion
- » Jennifer Lopez made a Donation after the Disaster in Puerto Rico
- » The Brother of Pablo Escobar Demands USD 1 Billion from Netflix for Narcos Series
- » Ralph Fiennes Acquired Serbian Citizenship
- » Russian General Died in Syria
- » The US Restricts the Access of Citizens from DPRK, Iran and Venezuela