US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event
A dozen US Air Force F-15s and some 180 personnel have been deployed at Bulgaria’s Graf Ignatievo Air Base to take part in a bilateral exercise with the Bulgarian Air Force.
The two-week training exercise codenamed Thracian Eagle 2014 comes at a time when US’ Eastern European partners and allies are concerned about rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
The purpose of the exercise is to conduct training and focus on maintain joint readiness while building interoperability, a Pentagon spokesman has said.
Bulgarian Air Force fighters MiG 29 and MiG 21 as well as Su-25 ground attack aircraft will take part in the exercise together with 12 F-15C Eagle from the 493rd Fighter Squadron based at Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England.
- » France and the United Kingdom have Signed a Border Security Agreement
- » Turkish Army Orders ‘Highest Level Security’ to Troops on Syria Border
- » Poland Wants a Strong US Military Presence
- » Pyongyang may have 10-20 Nuclear Warheads
- » Belgian Fighters Escort Russian Bombers Across the North Sea
- » Sweden to Make a State Agency for the Psychosocial Protection of the Population