US Air Force F-15 Deploy to Bulgaria for Bilateral Training Event
A dozen US Air Force F-15s and some 180 personnel have been deployed at Bulgaria’s Graf Ignatievo Air Base to take part in a bilateral exercise with the Bulgarian Air Force.
The two-week training exercise codenamed Thracian Eagle 2014 comes at a time when US’ Eastern European partners and allies are concerned about rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
The purpose of the exercise is to conduct training and focus on maintain joint readiness while building interoperability, a Pentagon spokesman has said.
Bulgarian Air Force fighters MiG 29 and MiG 21 as well as Su-25 ground attack aircraft will take part in the exercise together with 12 F-15C Eagle from the 493rd Fighter Squadron based at Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England.
- » Champs-Elysees car attacker was on terror watchlist
- » Minister Radev: Only 5 km left for the completion of the protection facility at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » Nikolay Nenkov Named Deputy Chairman of SANS
- » Bulgarian Teams Take Part in Aerial Medical Evacuation Exercises in Germany
- » Bulgarian and Greek Special Forces Took Part in a Joint Anti-Terrorist Training Exercise
- » Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party: 'We Want the National Security Strategy to be Updated'