Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper
Ukrainian flag was raised on the spire of a famous Moscow's Stalin-era skyscraper on Kotelnicheskaya Embankment early on Wednesday.
Protesters painted the Soviet star on its spire in the national colors of Ukraine and also attached a yellow and blue Ukrainian flag to the top of the 176-meter building.
The flag appeared atop one of the city's so-called “Seven Sisters,” at about 7:15 a.m. and remained there for at least three hours before authorities were able to remove it, the Interfax news agency reported.
Police had opened a criminal case on vandalism charges and were questioning four suspects in relation to the stunt.
According to a preliminary police report, the suspects climbed the stairs to the top floor of the 32-storey residential building and then continued with the help of climbing equipment, the Moscow Times informed.
All the suspects brought to the Tagansky police department are residents of Moscow and the Moscow region, according to international media reports.
- » NATO Urges Macedonia to Form Govt
- » Macedonia's SDSM Poised to Get Govt Mandate after Deal with Albanians
- » Thousands Stage Pro-Govt Rally in Southern Romania
- » Germany Not To Allow Erdogan's Meeting for Referendum on Constitutional Amendments
- » European MPs To Call On EC To Reinstate Visa Regime for US Citizens
- » 136 Turkish Diplomats Request Asylum in Germany