First Group of Vote Buyers Nabbed – Bulgaria's Interim PM
Тhe first group of people involved in vote buying has been busted, Bulgaria's caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki announced, Tuesday.
"We need to mobilize all available resources, to carry out preventive activities, to identify persons found to have been involved in buying votes in elections held in Bulgaria in the last five years," Bliznashki said as cited by BGNES.
"The goal is to restore public confidence in our political institutions and to show the world that we are a civilized European country capable of organizing and carrying normal elections which have legitimate results," caretaker Prime Minister stressed.
Caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov on Monday vowed “no mercy’’ for vote buying at the upcoming elections and ruled out a repeat of Kostinbrod fake ballots scandal. Bakalov claimed he would personally handcuff anyone found to have bought votes irrespective of their political color.
Bakalov also said he is considering launching a Civil Board with the Interior Ministry to boost transparency in the election process but gave no details.
- » Bulgaria without Censorship 'to Block Border with Turkey' before Elections
- » Smaller Parties 'to Deliver Surprises' at Early Elections - Expert
- » Bulgarian Party Withdraws 2 Candidates over Affiliation to Fmr State Security
- » GERB Leads Ahead of Snap Vote, Public Trust of Institutions Low-Survey
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Suspects 1,000 People of Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc Postpones Chairperson Election
Sounds like an admirable proactive move of which I hope there will be many more. There are so many Bulgarians who seek civity, law and order to be disallusioned over and over. Keep the good news coming regularly to begin the process of restoring confidence and dissipating the cynicsm.