Interim FM Warns of Risk of Refugee Influx Due to Conflict in Iraq
Iraq is not far from Bulgaria and an eventual refugee influx is an immediate threat to EU external borders, caretaker Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov told the national radio.
"You remember the reactions in Bulgaria to the refugees from Syria. Imagine something twice as serious or even worse," Mitov said. According to him, the critical situation in Iraq is the result of the West's indecisive actions in Syria over the past three years.
"There is a risk of a refugee influx, of terrorists import. The Islamic State has recruited people in Europe. Fighters are recruited from all across the Middle East and North Africa. There needs to be a very close cooperation with all the countries in the region," the interim minister told BNR. Mitov noted that many European countries have already promised to provide military aid to Iraq.
- » Gunshots in Front of a Court in Istanbul
- » Eight People are Missing after a Landslide in Switzerland
- » 5.5 on the Richter Scale Shakes Iran and Iraq
- » Google Will Ask: 'Are You Depressed?'
- » 5 Women were Burned Alive in Tanzania Because they were Considered Witches
- » Who is the highest Paid Actor for Television Series in 2017