Interim FM Warns of Risk of Refugee Influx Due to Conflict in Iraq
Iraq is not far from Bulgaria and an eventual refugee influx is an immediate threat to EU external borders, caretaker Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov told the national radio.
"You remember the reactions in Bulgaria to the refugees from Syria. Imagine something twice as serious or even worse," Mitov said. According to him, the critical situation in Iraq is the result of the West's indecisive actions in Syria over the past three years.
"There is a risk of a refugee influx, of terrorists import. The Islamic State has recruited people in Europe. Fighters are recruited from all across the Middle East and North Africa. There needs to be a very close cooperation with all the countries in the region," the interim minister told BNR. Mitov noted that many European countries have already promised to provide military aid to Iraq.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017