Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
Ukrainian authorities have recovered 15 bodies from the site where a convoy carrying refugees from Eastern Ukraine was hit by a rocket on Monday, Reuters has reported.
According to a Ukrainian military spokesman quoted by Reuters, the bodies were recovered by 7pm local time on Monday and the search is continuing on Tuesday.
The strike on the refugee convoy of cars and buses occurred near Luhansk where Ukrainian government forces have been battling pro-Russian rebels for control of the city. Ukrainian authorities blamed the attack on the rebels but they have denied responsibility, Reuters said.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years