Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
Ukrainian authorities have recovered 15 bodies from the site where a convoy carrying refugees from Eastern Ukraine was hit by a rocket on Monday, Reuters has reported.
According to a Ukrainian military spokesman quoted by Reuters, the bodies were recovered by 7pm local time on Monday and the search is continuing on Tuesday.
The strike on the refugee convoy of cars and buses occurred near Luhansk where Ukrainian government forces have been battling pro-Russian rebels for control of the city. Ukrainian authorities blamed the attack on the rebels but they have denied responsibility, Reuters said.
- » Russia, Turkey Reach ‘Political Decision’ on Gas Pipeline, NPP Projects
- » New Tax Hikes Force Rise in Relocation of Greek Firms to Bulgaria
- » Migration-Wary Bulgaria, Greece Agree to Hold Joint Special Forces Exercise at Border
- » Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility for Normandy Church Attack
- » Quarter of a Million Migrants Arrive by Sea in Europe so far in 2016
- » Priest Killed in Hostage Siege in Normandy