Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
Ukrainian authorities have recovered 15 bodies from the site where a convoy carrying refugees from Eastern Ukraine was hit by a rocket on Monday, Reuters has reported.
According to a Ukrainian military spokesman quoted by Reuters, the bodies were recovered by 7pm local time on Monday and the search is continuing on Tuesday.
The strike on the refugee convoy of cars and buses occurred near Luhansk where Ukrainian government forces have been battling pro-Russian rebels for control of the city. Ukrainian authorities blamed the attack on the rebels but they have denied responsibility, Reuters said.
- » Brexit: EU Referendum Petition Hits 3 M Signatures
- » Soros Warns of 'Irreversible' EU Disintegration after Brexit
- » Spain Holds Early Election after Failed Govt Talks
- » UK EU Commissioner Jonathan Hill Resigns
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria