Bulgaria 9th by Civil Society Development Out of 29 CEE Countries
Bulgaria ranks ninth in terms of civil society development among 29 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
A so-called NGO Sustainability Index is measured in these 29 countries, Lyuben Panov, program director of the Bulgarian Center for Not-for-Profit Law (BCNL), told Bulgarian National Radio.
“As a whole, Bulgaria's ninth position is a good one,” Panov said. “On the other hand we come next to the last of all other EU member states. We perform quite badly in certain parameters, such as financial sustainability and organizational capacity.”
There is still no Council for Civil Society Development at the Prime Minister's office, and there is no transparency in the non-governmental sector financing, Panov pointed out.
- » New Protests in Romania Against Tax Reforms
- » The Snowfall Stopped Trains in Gabrovo
- » Number of Migrants Seeking Asylum in Bulgaria has Fallen 5 Times
- » Small Steps Forward as UN Climate Talks End in Bonn
- » NIMH: Rains to Continue, Transforming into Snow in Some Areas of Western Bulgaria
- » The Roof of a School in Targovishte Burned Down