Bulgaria 9th by Civil Society Development Out of 29 CEE Countries
Bulgaria ranks ninth in terms of civil society development among 29 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
A so-called NGO Sustainability Index is measured in these 29 countries, Lyuben Panov, program director of the Bulgarian Center for Not-for-Profit Law (BCNL), told Bulgarian National Radio.
“As a whole, Bulgaria's ninth position is a good one,” Panov said. “On the other hand we come next to the last of all other EU member states. We perform quite badly in certain parameters, such as financial sustainability and organizational capacity.”
There is still no Council for Civil Society Development at the Prime Minister's office, and there is no transparency in the non-governmental sector financing, Panov pointed out.
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Passengers Wait for Hours on Planes at Plovdiv Airport