Bulgaria 9th by Civil Society Development Out of 29 CEE Countries
Bulgaria ranks ninth in terms of civil society development among 29 countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
A so-called NGO Sustainability Index is measured in these 29 countries, Lyuben Panov, program director of the Bulgarian Center for Not-for-Profit Law (BCNL), told Bulgarian National Radio.
“As a whole, Bulgaria's ninth position is a good one,” Panov said. “On the other hand we come next to the last of all other EU member states. We perform quite badly in certain parameters, such as financial sustainability and organizational capacity.”
There is still no Council for Civil Society Development at the Prime Minister's office, and there is no transparency in the non-governmental sector financing, Panov pointed out.
- » Bulgarians are the Last in the EU when it Comes to Spending Money on Books
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » A Man was Found Shot in an Underground Car Park in Burgas
- » The Population in the Bulgarian Capital is Growing Steadily, with more than 1.2 Million People Living in Sofia
- » North Korea Bus Crash Could Be Worst Chinese Tourist Incident in Years
- » Socially Disadvantaged People could Receive Free Legal Aid