Elevator Collapse in Sofia Leaves 1 Dead, 1 in Critical Condition
A 46-year-old woman has died and another one has suffered injuries in an elevator accident in Sofia.
The elevator collapse occurred in a 12-storey block of flats, Block # 103, on Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard, shortly before 9 am on Tuesday morning, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The injured woman was taken to the University Hospital Sveta Anna in critical condition.
Doctor Nikolay Dobrev said that the injured 41-year-old woman was in critical condition after falling from the 9th floor, according to preliminary reports.
Dobrev informed that she had a ruptured spleen, vertebral fracture, three broken ribs, and facial trauma, adding that she was undergoing surgery for the ruptured spleen.
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide