Elevator Collapse in Sofia Leaves 1 Dead, 1 in Critical Condition
A 46-year-old woman has died and another one has suffered injuries in an elevator accident in Sofia.
The elevator collapse occurred in a 12-storey block of flats, Block # 103, on Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard, shortly before 9 am on Tuesday morning, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The injured woman was taken to the University Hospital Sveta Anna in critical condition.
Doctor Nikolay Dobrev said that the injured 41-year-old woman was in critical condition after falling from the 9th floor, according to preliminary reports.
Dobrev informed that she had a ruptured spleen, vertebral fracture, three broken ribs, and facial trauma, adding that she was undergoing surgery for the ruptured spleen.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Boosts Healthcare Budget with BGN 100 M
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » Google, bTV 'Best Brands in Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Deputy PM Calls for Minumum Wage Increase in 2015
- » UNHCR Calls on Bulgarians to "See Refugees Through Different Eyes"
- » Traffic Police Will Not Pull Over Motorists Unless Necessary