Elevator Collapse in Sofia Leaves 1 Dead, 1 in Critical Condition
A 46-year-old woman has died and another one has suffered injuries in an elevator accident in Sofia.
The elevator collapse occurred in a 12-storey block of flats, Block # 103, on Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard, shortly before 9 am on Tuesday morning, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The injured woman was taken to the University Hospital Sveta Anna in critical condition.
Doctor Nikolay Dobrev said that the injured 41-year-old woman was in critical condition after falling from the 9th floor, according to preliminary reports.
Dobrev informed that she had a ruptured spleen, vertebral fracture, three broken ribs, and facial trauma, adding that she was undergoing surgery for the ruptured spleen.
- » KTBalive Group Slams at Bulgaria's Central Bank Governor
- » Bulgaria's Interior Minister: We're Struggling With Immigrant Pressure
- » First Snow Covers Petrohan Pass
- » Archaeologists Uncover 7000-Year-Old Wall Near Provadia
- » Only 19 Refugees in Bulgaria Have Managed to Find Jobs in 4 Months
- » Archaeologists Uncover Church Treasure Near Dobrich