Elevator Collapse in Sofia Leaves 1 Dead, 1 in Critical Condition
A 46-year-old woman has died and another one has suffered injuries in an elevator accident in Sofia.
The elevator collapse occurred in a 12-storey block of flats, Block # 103, on Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard, shortly before 9 am on Tuesday morning, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The injured woman was taken to the University Hospital Sveta Anna in critical condition.
Doctor Nikolay Dobrev said that the injured 41-year-old woman was in critical condition after falling from the 9th floor, according to preliminary reports.
Dobrev informed that she had a ruptured spleen, vertebral fracture, three broken ribs, and facial trauma, adding that she was undergoing surgery for the ruptured spleen.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Argentine Legally Changes Gender to Retire Early
- » Explosion at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic Killed at Least Six People
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » Experts Forecast Total Change on the Job Market around 2030
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease