Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund To End 2016 With BGN 50 M Deficit
- » Bulgaria Ranks 5th in Europe in Childhood Obesity
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Wins Praise for Achievements in Fighting HIV/AIDS