Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Varna Hospital To Transplant Stem Cells For Leukaemia Treatment
- » At Least BGN 0.5B More Needed for Healthcare in 2015 – Expert
- » Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector: Ebola Threat Is Not Imminent
- » Medical Union Demands Update Of Health Insurance Fund Budget Update
- » Up to 4% Price Hike of Over-the-counter Drugs Expected in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Among Countries with Lowest Flu Vaccination Coverage