Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases
- » About 10% of the Schools in the Country do not have an Assigned Nurse
- » Parents Organize a Protest to Save the Children's Cardiology Clinic
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: Currently, at Least 120,000 People in Bulgaria have the Flu