Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Bulgaria Health Minister Urges Increased Awareness of Ebola Risk
- » Sofia Patient Uninfected with Ebola, Tests Show
- » Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Hospitalised In Sofia, Officials Doubt Ebola Version
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister to Submit Reform Plan by end-November
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass Overhaul of Healthcare Budget