Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » A New Step in the Fight Against Liver Failure
- » Pink Camper on a Tour in 25 Cities in Bulgaria to Help Women With Breast Cancer
- » New Case of Agresion in Bulgarian Hospital
- » Doctors and Medical Staff Against the Violence
- » The Parliament Reviews the Resignation of the Manager of National Health Insurance Fund
- » Health Authorities Step Up Food and Water Safety Inspections at Seaside Resorts