Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
Some 80% of young Bulgarian doctors and medical graduates seek job opportunities abroad, according to the alarming results of a patient organizations survey.
In this connection, doctors and patients will stage a protest under the slogan "Young Doctors for a New Health Care", Nova TV reports. Protesters will carry suitcases as the symbol of their escape from Bulgaria, as well as orange peels to 'refresh' the public health system.
The protest organizers have prepared a list of suggestions for improving Bulgaria's health care. According to them, by 2020 the country runs the risk of losing most of its doctors.
A simple improvement of specialization conditions, better opportunities for young graduates to visit European clinics, and a minimum pay raise would encourage many doctors to stay in Bulgaria, Dr. Emanuil Naydenov told Bulgarian National Radio.
- » University Oncological Hospital Forms Groups for Psycho-emotional Support
- » The Constitutional Court of Italy has Voted for Mandatory Vaccines
- » 60,000 People in Bulgaria Suffer From Eating Disorders
- » Roma Ghetto in Southern Bulgarian City Struggling with Hepatitis A Outbreak
- » 42% of Cancer Cases in the United States are due to Unhealthy Lifestyles
- » Medical Establishments in Bulgaria are Out of Influenza Vaccines