Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
Ukrainian military officials say a convoy carrying refugees from Eastern Ukraine has been hit in the Luhansk area.
Information of the assault, allegedly carried out by pro-Russian rebels, has not yet been verified.
A spokesman of the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" was quoted by ITAR-TASS as saying he did not know of such incident.
Kiev forces are still struggling to regain control over Luhansk, one of the key cities still held by the Donbass insurgents.
The latest reports follow a fragile progress reached at four-way talks between the foreign ministers of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France in Berlin on Sunday.
All sides agreed Russian humanitarian aid should be delivered to the east of Ukraine, where tens of thousands are though to be affected by the months-long conflict.
Ukraine's news agency UNIAN estimates that more than 112 500 people have fled Crimea and the areas of the so-called "anti-terrorist" operation since early this spring.
- » Romanian PM Resigns
- » Japan Investigates How to Evacuate Citizens from South Korea in Crisis
- » Blast Injures Several in Belgium, Terrorism Ruled Out
- » Qatar Denies Intercepting Emirati Civilian Aircraft
- » Macedonia Вill be a NATO Мember, Sergei Lavrov
- » Bulgarian Scientific Project Participates in a Million Dollar Competition