Bulgaria 'European Leader' in Gold, Copper Extraction
Bulgaria ranks first in Europe in the extraction of copper and gold, data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology shows.
The sector currently employs 24 000 people, with wages rising, according to the chamber's report cited by Money.bg.
Some 600 mining depots have so fat been located in Bulgaria, and coal as the main resource extracted from them.
The union has published the statistics to mark the day of the Bulgarian miners celebrated on Monday.
August 18, the assumption of St Ivan Rilski, was designated as the miners' professional day 110 years ago with a decree of Tsar Ferdinand, issued on the proposal of miners from the western mining city of Pernik.
- » CEZ Distribution to Make Huge Investment in Blagoevgrad Region in 2017
- » British Art Trade is the Second Biggest in the World
- » Road Junction 'Plodovitovo' is Now Open
- » CEZ Distribution Bulgaria to Invest EUR 765,000 in Grid Upgrades in July
- » Important Talks on Energy Matters were Held in Sofia
- » Industrial Production Index in Bulgaria Increased by 2.7 in May 2017