Bulgarian Rescued While Trying to Sail from UK to US
British charity workers have rescued a Bulgarian man as he was trying to reach the US in a dingy, according to UK media sources.
The man, aged 30 (but whose identity is not revealed), had started the dangerous journey with just a bag of biscuits, beans and hot dogs, the TV channel ITV's website reports.
Among the few items he was carrying while seeking to cross the Atlantic was a map of the British port city of Southampton.
"He didn't have a life jacket, just a buoyancy aid, and the vessel didn't have any lights. We said 'if we leave you, you will die," Pete Dadds from the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), the charity which intervened to save the man's life, was quoted as saying.
The Bulgarian was immediately taken to hospital.
RNLI crew members also say he was taken out of the vessel by force after being told he would die if he went on.
- » Avalanche Killed a Young Woman in Pirin
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » Passenger Airliner with 66 People Crashed in Iran
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Repeatedly Ran Over on a Highway in the UK
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
Kak moje takav sram??? Dotuka li stignahme, da se darjim kato absolutni idiotic? ako sega edin Bulgarin ne si nameri rabota v UK, koga? Kakvi ste gi diri v USA bez visa? Takiva hora sramiat ostanalite ot nas deto se cudim kak da zastitavame I bez tova malkata slava deto ia imame pred sveta;