Bulgarian Rescued While Trying to Sail from UK to US
British charity workers have rescued a Bulgarian man as he was trying to reach the US in a dingy, according to UK media sources.
The man, aged 30 (but whose identity is not revealed), had started the dangerous journey with just a bag of biscuits, beans and hot dogs, the TV channel ITV's website reports.
Among the few items he was carrying while seeking to cross the Atlantic was a map of the British port city of Southampton.
"He didn't have a life jacket, just a buoyancy aid, and the vessel didn't have any lights. We said 'if we leave you, you will die," Pete Dadds from the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), the charity which intervened to save the man's life, was quoted as saying.
The Bulgarian was immediately taken to hospital.
RNLI crew members also say he was taken out of the vessel by force after being told he would die if he went on.
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Four Lion Cubs Born In Varna Zoo
Kak moje takav sram??? Dotuka li stignahme, da se darjim kato absolutni idiotic? ako sega edin Bulgarin ne si nameri rabota v UK, koga? Kakvi ste gi diri v USA bez visa? Takiva hora sramiat ostanalite ot nas deto se cudim kak da zastitavame I bez tova malkata slava deto ia imame pred sveta;