Ex Foreign Minister Solomon Passy Quits Bulgaria’s NDSV Party
Former Foreign Minister Solomon Passy has left liberal party NDSV (National Movement for Stability and Progress) and called for its dissolution.
According to a Twitter update of Passy, NDSV should be disbanded because it has accomplished its goals.
"Mission accomplished: NDSV accomplished as many as two of the five national causes achieved after the April Uprising – NATO and EU, after Bulgaria’s liberation, unification and independence,” he stated in an appeal to NDSV on Sunday.
Passy, as cited by Sega daily, claimed that the official dissolution of the party was the best option in order to preserve the image of the formation for the next generations.
He insisted that the dissolution was a much more dignified option that the submission to “political mimicry” which had been forced upon the remaining members of the party.
Passy is yet another senior member of NDSV to leave the party due to disappointment with the policy of the new leader, Antonia Parvanova.
At the European Parliament elections in May, she teamed up with the party of Iliana Raeva, former rhythmic gymnastics champion and coach, winning 0.915% of the votes.
Parvanova said she was in talks with the Bulgaria without Censorship party of Nikolay Barekov for the early elections on October 5.
In June 2014, a number of high-profile NDSV members, including Nikolay Vasilev, Ognyan Gerdzhikov, Mincho Spasov, Olimpi Katev, and Stanimir Ilchev, left the party and called for its dissolution.
Parvanova commented that they had joined the party only to get to high positions and they no longer needed the party and wanted it disbanded as they had achieved their goals.
- » Bulgaria's President Plevneliev to Meet King Philippe of Belgium
- » Former Bulgarian President to Resign ABV Party's Leadership
- » Bulgarian PM Convened Extraordinary Meeting of Deputy PMs, FinMin
- » Bulgarian President Considers Imposing No Veto over New BGN 16 B Debt
- » Sofia Appellate Court Acquits Former Interior Minister on Embezzlement Charges
- » Tolls Will Only Be Levied on Trucks – Road Infrastructure Agency Head