Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
A weak earthquake measuring 2.4 on the Richter scale was registered between the southern Bulgarian city of Pazardzhik and the town of Septemvri in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the jolt occurred at 1.43 am on Sunday.
The jolt was not felt by local residents.
No damage was reported from the quake.
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains
- » Experts Identify 535 Areas At Risk Of Flooding in Bulgaria