Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
A weak earthquake measuring 2.4 on the Richter scale was registered between the southern Bulgarian city of Pazardzhik and the town of Septemvri in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the jolt occurred at 1.43 am on Sunday.
The jolt was not felt by local residents.
No damage was reported from the quake.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday