Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
A weak earthquake measuring 2.4 on the Richter scale was registered between the southern Bulgarian city of Pazardzhik and the town of Septemvri in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), the jolt occurred at 1.43 am on Sunday.
The jolt was not felt by local residents.
No damage was reported from the quake.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures