Electricity Price Hike Inevitable Warn Experts
The hike of electricity prices, in a sense, is inevitable, the ex-deputy chair of the parliamentary energy committee Yavor Koyumdzhiev told the Nova TV national channel.
According to Koyumdzhiev, who is of the former ruling party Bulgarian Socialist Party, which artificially lowered the electricity prices and refused to hike them, in spite the insistence of the EDCs, it was up to the caretaker government to solve two problems to avoid the price hikes.
One is the high prices of electricity from the “green” power stations and the other – the high prices of the so-called “American” thermal power stations – Maritsa Iztok 1 and 3.
Koyumdzhiev could not forecast how big the increase might be, but said it could reach up to 20%.
On Friday the caretaker energy minister Vasil Shtonov also said that price hikes are to be expected.
According to him, quoted by Nova TV, a shock increase of 20% was unacceptable and the idea was to ease the pain for the consumers by increasing the electricity prices in steps of 5% each trimester, starting in the autumn.
The energy expert Atanas Tasev told Nova TV that the current deficit in the National Electricity Company (NEK) was BGN 1.5 B and this meant that the electricity prices must go up by 50% immediately. “The question is how to do it,” he said. “I think it has to be done gradually.”
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » Oil Prices Continue to Rise
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet said "Yes" to Restart the Nuclear Power Plant "Belene", China Wants to Invest
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: We will Bring the Belene NPP Report to Parliament within Days
- » The Future Gas Hub near Varna Became an Object of National Importance for Bulgaria
We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and other. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options and we also discount/monetize BG's.
This offer is open to both individuals and corporate bodies.
If in need of our services, contact me for detail information.